Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hate You More (Chapter 9)

“I’m not talking to you!”. He looked away from me. He pretended like he was so into the sightseeing. He kept looking out the window of the cab, just to avoid talking to me. “Let me get this straight. You’re angry because we’re not going to Hawaii or the fact that we’re riding a cab instead of my Limo?”, I said, trying to settle things up. This time, he looked at me.

“I’m not angry! I’m just…not talking to you. End of story!”. He again, looked away. I sighed. I had to explain to him but he didn’t give me the chance to. I ran my fingers around his lap but he pushed my hand right away. I sat back and closed my eyes. That 30 minutes journey back to my house seemed like a long way to go.

Later that day, we arrived at my house. He didn’t even open the door for me like he always did. He threw his bags on the couch and lied down. I moved over to him and he got up. I pulled him back on the couch and sat next to him.

“I met Cathy at the airport.”
“I’m not listening!”
“You probably didn’t remember her.”
“I’m not interested!”
“Remember the night we went out to the club?”
“My eardrums aren’t working!”
“I kind of..errmm..hooked up with her in the backroom of the club”
“You sound better when you sing! Stop talking!”
“We made out..”
“ I think I’m going to sing a song to kill my time!”
“And he took some pictures of us kissing!”
“Whaaaaaaaattttttt?”, he was stunned to hear my very last sentence. He couldn’t keep his mouth closed. I was just looking at him waiting for him to actually say something about it.

It had been 15 minutes. I was at the kitchen counter making some juice while looking at him. He was still on the couch with his mouth and eyes opened wide. I walked towards him.

“So, are you going to say something or I’m just going to have to wait until you finish this stupid yoga meditation thingy?”, I asked him. He looked at finally. Finally he moved.

“What are you going to do? If these pictures get leaked through the internet, we’re screwed. This would totally blow our cover. Ok, this is NOT good.”, he said. His voice sounded weird. He had never been that serious.
“So, by showing the pictures to you, was she going to spread the pictures? So, are you saying she was technically threaten you?”, he asked. He was making that stupid ‘thinking face’ of his again.

“No. oh god, no! She’s not going to do that. I think…I think she’s going to print them out. She’s going to cut them and paste them on a little scrapbook. Then she’s going to show it to me and hoping for my autograph.”. I said to him, showing my love to sarcasm.

“Really? Fuh, good! I thought she was going to spread them on the internet.”. Unfortunately, he wasn’t a big fan of sarcasm.

“You know what I like about you, Joshy?
“What?”
“Nothing! Coz’ you’re stupid.



TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment