Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hate You More (Chapter 5)

I was going crazy. I was supposed to go out for dinner with Joshua but he was out getting some of his stuff left back in house. But that was like 3 hours ago. He better not be making out with some guy he met in the street.



* * *





Joshua’s steps stopped as soon as he saw the door was open. He slowed his steps as he walked towards the door. The anxiety suddenly rose around his neck. He was in no doubt that someone definitely broke into the house but there was nothing there for him to defense himself. But like it or not, he ought to come in or things were going to get ugly.

“Hello!”, he said alarmingly. No respond. He moved a step forward into the house. “Anybody?”. He took a deep breath and closed the door. He recoiled in shock when he saw the living room. It looked like some twister hollow or at least a crime scene. Evidently someone had gone through his stuff but he was positive nothing was stolen and nothing big broke.

“Gosh. Somebody has a hell of a mess to clean. Damn, it’s me!”. He sat on the couch, didn’t know where to begin.

“Well, well, well.”. He heard a man’s voice. It sounded so familiar. He turned his head. A figure was seen standing in the very corner of the room. The guy walked to him and almost took his breath away. But not in a good way.

“Drake?”, he startled. Drake gave an evil grin to him. Joshua got scared to the very bone. Drake got even closer to Joshua to the point where his nose was an inch away from Drake’s. “What are you doing in my house? You left something?”, asked Joshua with a little stumble. Drake made that grin again and took out a cigar out of his pocket. Joshua offered the light. Drake took a puff and sat on the couch with his legs crossed.

“So, what is this thing I heard about you and that closeted singer?”, asked Drake, left Joshua, who was still standing, speechless. He wasn’t supposed to tell anyone about the whole thing.

“Well, she’s a friend. Where did you hear it from, anyway?”, he asked. Drake threw a newspaper to him. Joshua grabbed it and what was on the front page really caught his attention. “The Morning Bonding – Jammy poses with his new boo”.

“What the hell is this?”, asked Drake. He snatched the newspaper and dropped it on the floor. Joshua was still in no words. Drake went near Joshua and held his hand.

“Joshy, I thought we had something. So, now you’re telling me that you’re straight? Don’t you ever think about me?”. Drake sounded so livid and upset. Joshua did think about him. In fact, Drake was the only thing on his mind in the past few days. And he had thought this whole relationship through. He had made his decision. He took a deep breath and looked straight in Drake’s eyes.

“Baby, I think we should stop seeing each other. I’ve moved on and I think you should too.”. Joshua’s words really made Drake taken aback. But he wasn’t the only one in the room who felt so. That really kind of took Joshua by surprise. He couldn’t believe he has just said it.

“So, those things on the news are all true? You’ve always been straight all this time?”, asked Drake in tears. Joshua could only nod his head. “So who am I to you?”, said Drake. Drake was feeling nothing but betrayed. Joshua couldn’t lift his head to even look at Drake. “I think you should go.”. Drake looked aside trying to pretend he didn’t hear what Joshua had just said. But he couldn’t wait any longer knowing that he was no longer desired. He walked away from Joshua but stopped by the door. His chest was going up and down.

“I’m glad I messed your house. That’s the only thing I could do apart from killing you. I hope you’re happy!”, Drake slammed the door hard. Joshua fell down on the floor. He couldn’t even blink.


* * *


“What? You had a boyfriend? Why didn’t I know about this? Oops, sorry! Not the point. Hmmm…So, are you okay?”. He looked down. He didn’t say anything. Not even a sound he made. To tell the truth, I really didn’t give a damn. I didn’t give a damn about him getting dumped. I really didn’t. Because I was freaking starving, I could eat a horse, or even a gay guy crying over his stupid ex-boyfriend. But I was a good faker; even I’d believe my own faking.

“You know what, if you don’t feel like going out tonight, that’s fine. You should get some sleep.”. I said, trying (I rather say “pretending to”) comfort him. Oh my god. I only had a small sandwich for lunch. I could swear my stomach sounded like it farted. Out of the blue, Joshua turned his head to me and made some kind of facial expression I thought was supposed to be a “Sarcastic” look.
“Get some sleep? Are you freaking kidding me? I just got dumped. I’m bloody single. Let’s go out and hang out in some club. I need a break!”, he said while jumping on the couch. Yes. He jumped. Literally. He jumped on my $1200 leather couch. Wasn’t he delightfulllllllllll????????




TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment