Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hate You More (Chapter 14)

Chapter 14




“Who are you?”
“Ok this is fun! You knocked on my door and I’m the one who should introduce myself”
“My name is Jammy”
“Now this is even more fun! I know who you are. Everyone does! Fun! Fun! Fun!”
“And I’m the one who’s not having any fun! Where’s Joshua?”, I ask. This guy is annoying. He looks surprised.

“You mean… You haven’t heard?”, he asks.
“What? What? What do you mean?”, I ask. What is he talking about?
“I thought he’s told you!”
“What is it?”
“He’s moved to the suburb. His late mother left a house for him there. He said he was going to tell you”
“Oh my god! That was him! He called me last night. It said ‘unknown caller’, so I didn’t pick up. Do you know where he went?”


* * *


“Hello? Joshy? It’s me. Open up”. Nobody. I push the door knob. It is open. I walk in. The living room is empty. There is a bedroom on my left. I walk into the room. I can not believe my eyes. There he is! There is Joshua. I feel an instant relieve on my chest. I thought I wasn’t going to see him again and there he is, sitting on the side of the bed. Crying. Wait! He’s crying! The love of my life is crying. I have Goosebumps all over my body. Why is he crying? Am I supposed to do something?

“Josh?”. He turns. He wipes his tears hurriedly. He looks at me. He looks surprised.
“Jammy? How did you find me here?”
“That guy..he was in your house..he gave me the address. Are you okay?”
“Jammy, I think you should go.”. He pushes me gently. The tears are still visible in his eyes. And some on his cheeks. His pinkish red cheeks.

“What? Why? Is there something I should know?”
“ I said go!”
“Wait. What’s wrong? Why didn’t you tell me you were moving here?”
“I tried to tell you..”
“Oh, yeah..about that. I didn’t know it was you. Now, why are you crying?”
“I don’t think this is such a good idea.”. He stands and drags me out of the room.
“You should leave”. He throws me out the door. I stare at him. His chest is going up and down.
“Josh?”
“ You’ll hate me now but as time goes by, you’d know this is the right thing to do!”
“Would you stop talking nonsense? I want you to tell me what’s going on and I want you to tell me right now?”
“Oh, is that an order of yours again? I’m not your slave. At least not anymore. I quit, remember? Now go before I call the cops”
“You’re calling the cops on me?”. He nods. He looks so furious but strangely, he still has tears in his eyes. What is he hiding from me? And why is he hiding it from me?

“ Jammy, look at me! You need to go. Believe me! I’m doing the right thing”. The tears on his eyes are now all over his face. I’m going crazy. I grab his collar.

“Please don’t do this! Please! You’re freaking me out. Why, all of the sudden are you trying to avoid me? If you’re dying to get me out of your face, at least tell me what’s going on? Please don’t do this.”. Tears are all over my face.

“Jammy, please! I’m begging you. This isn’t easy for me either. I hope…I hope you understand. I need a break from all this. You..you take care.”. He closes the door. There I am crying my heart out in front of his door.

“Josh! You said I was your friend! You forgot about our friendship? I know I didn’t. I met a lot of annoying people my entire life. But none of them broke my heart like you did. I..I know things haven’t been going the way we planned..But..Josh…open the door.”. I’m shouting. I’m shouting in the hopes of him opening the door. But there’s no sign of it. None. I have no place to go. I’m 50miles away from home and I don’t really know this place. I’m not going. I’m not. This isn’t over. I need to know. I need to know. Yes, I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment