Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hate You More (Chapter 2)

“ What the hell were you thinking, man? Speeding in the middle of the night. You could’ve killed me.”

“Me? Dude, you jumped off in front of my car, out of nowhere. I was driving freakin’ 60m/h. It wasn’t my fault.”

“60m/h? Are you serious? Won’t you rather walk dude?”

“Ok. First of all, I’m not a dude. Second of all, never insult my driving or you’ll be walking funny.”. I then grabbed his arm and he started moaning in pain. I quickly grabbed his waist and carried him to the car.

“Where are you taking me?”, he asked after realizing I was trying to squeeze him in. I ignored him, closed his side of the door and get into the car myself. I drove on and was surprised he didn’t keep asking where I was taking him. I then took a look and noticed that he felt asleep. After a few minutes, I heard him moving.

“Wait. Who are you? Where are you taking me?”, he asked anxiously. I kept driving even though he tried to pull my hand off the steering. He looked at me and said nothing. He looked scared.

“I’m taking you to the hospital. Your knee. It’s bleeding. I don’t want you to be suing me the next morning. Now, shut the hell up and buckle up.” , I said without even looking. He then put his seatbelt on and sat up straight. I could actually hear him breathing. He was weirdly silent and well-behaved.

“You okay, dude?”, I asked. He looked at me and looked away. “I had the craziest night. If I told you, would you let me go and forget about this whole thing? I don’t want to go to the hospital.”. I put on the brake and pulled over the car to the side of the road. I unfastened my seatbelt and turned to him.

“Dude, I’ll be glad to kick you out of the car. But I’ve got like 3 legal actions taken on me just this month. And I’m not gonna let some hitchhiker I hit to ruin my career when he files a lawsuit against me just because he doesn’t want to go to some freakin’ hospital.”. I was so pissed; I could actually see the vein on my forehead popped out. He looked at me and crinkled his forehead.

“You’re Jammy ! Jammy Suzanne? Are you really that singer, Jammy?”. He asked with a shock look on his face. I rolled my eyes. “It’s really you, isn’t it?. Oh my god. I cant believe Jammy Suzanne ran me over.”. I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. “I didn’t run you over. I just hit you and hurt your knee. Don’t exaggerate.”. He then put a smile on his face which kind of made me worried.
“What?”

“Nothing. I’ve just, never been in a car with a superstar before.”

“Well, next time, just jump off in front of other car you’d find on the road. You might be under Miley Cyrus’s car in the future, who knows!”

“ Wow, you’re more delightful on TV.”

“Oh yeah? Well, let me tell you something, Sweety! It’s showbiz. Even our breasts aren’t real”. I couldn’t believe I just said that but I did. My mother always says that I’m the only daughter who has the senses. But after 11pm and just hit a guy, most of my senses were all gone.

“Whatever. I think I’m gonna go.”. He opened the door but then almost fell. I later remember that he hurt his knee. He closed the door and tried to walk but he stopped after a few steps. I was being such an ass but I was still human. I got out off the car and walked toward him.

“Well, at least let me give you a ride. That’s the least I can do.”

“Would you promise not to yell at me again?”. I nodded. He got into the car and I drove away. His house was only 2 blocks away. Not more than 3 minutes, he said, “Oh, This is me!”. I stopped the car. He smiled at me and opened the door. Then he looked at me.

“Hey, Thank you. I know you try so hard to be a bad ass, but deep down inside I know you’re such a sweet girl. Take care.”. Then he walked away. Watching him walking to his door suddenly gave me the craziest idea. I got out of the car and chased him.

“Hey, you want to be my boyfriend?”. I asked nervously, really scared to know the answer.

“hmmm, that’s so sweet and you’re sweet but I’m gay.”

“Ahahaha,,Now that makes this even easier. What if I say I’m gonna pay your rent and anything you need? Just be my boyfriend for, hmmm I don’t know, 3 months?”

“Ok. You’re crazy! oh, wait! I know what this is about. This must be about the allegations right? You know, about you being gay?”, he asked. I smiled at him but I didn’t say a thing.

“I knew it. So, are you really gay? Come on, you can tell me.”, he said.

“Oh right, I avoid this question from the media and you expect me to tell you! No way. So, are we doing this?”, I asked eagerly. I really wanted this to happen. He looked like he was thinking and he had this evil look on his face.

“Would you get me a car, as well?”, he demanded. “Deal!”, I said. “ So, I guess we’re doing this. Now get some sleep and I’ll pick you up first thing in the morning.”. I was so excited knowing that I could finally put those stupid allegations to an end.

“Wait. What if they find out?”. I turned my head and hold his hand. “Don’t worry! I’ll take care of everything. I promise!”.

I promised to him to make sure that everything would be taken care of. That was the promise. But that was a year ago. I didn’t know what to do. Joshua was about to get paid $700,000 to appear on TV to admit that I was paying him to be my boyfriend. And to make things worse, there were some controversial photos of me kissing a woman all over the internet and Joshua would be the one to be asked about the photos. I have to admit those pictures were really mine.

“I’m doomed! You know what, listen to me. Don’t accept any invitation or money until I get back. I need to be on stage in 2 minutes. I’ll see you then, ok?”. I put on my ear piece and I was ready to go. But just as I was walking out the door, he pulled my arm. I turned my head and he came near me. His hand reached my forehead and he ran his hand down my face. Our lips touched.

“Good luck, ok? I’ll always be with you no matter what.”. I could only smile. I was stunned. That was the first kiss we ever had since I first met him. It’s not like I’ve never thought of kissing him. I have. Most of the times, really. It’s just that I never thought he would be interested.

I was already on stage. But all I could think was the kiss we just had. My heart was pounding so hard. I was confused. I never thought I would ever fall for a guy. And a guy like Joshua was the last guy I ever wanted to fall for. He’d never like a woman. But if he liked guys, what on earth that made him want to kiss me? Did he like me? I wasn’t even sure that I like him. Is he straight? Am I straight now? Or have I always been straight all this time? There was no way I could ever answer that now. But I definitely felt something.

Oh great! I’ve never been in love and my first love ever was a gay guy! Ain’t life G.O.O.D??





TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment