Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hate You More (Chapter 8)

“ Video Camera?”
“Checked!”
“Digital Camera?”
“Checked!”
“My new cashmere sweater?”
“Oh my god! You should just..stop! I’m your hired boyfriend, not a maid.”

As usual, we had our usual fighting but this time we were in my Limo on our way to the airport. He looked so excited. Looking at him all happy and contented, kind of made me feel good about it. It’s just that I’ve never been the person who makes people happy. I was a money maker, not a fun maker. But that very day, he made me feel different.

“ We’re here!”, he jumped out of the car with excitement. It got annoying little by little but I had decided not to let myself get annoyed for petty little things. He was so excited; he didn’t even take his bags with him. And the person who had to carry them all was….? SHUT UP!

“Hey, how much time do we have?”, he asked. I looked at my watch on his wrist. Yes! My $450 watch and he was the one who wore it.

“We’re boarding in 45 minutes. Why? You left all my cameras at home, didn’t you?”, I covered my opened mouth with my palm. “I need to pee, you scary lesbo! And what’s with all the cameras, seriously?”, he put his cell phone on my lap and ran to the restroom. I went through his bags looking for something to read. Something to kill the time while waiting for him to do his gay thing in the restroom.

“Jammy?”. I looked up and saw a really hot woman standing in front of me. She looked familiar but I just couldn’t figure out who she was. “It’s me, Cathy”, she said. Cathy? Cathy? Have I heard that name? She definitely looked so familiar to me. I felt like I met her couple of days ago. Oh my god! I did meet her couple of days before.

“Hey, Cathy!”, I said to her but I didn’t look at her. I was looking at all corners of the waiting room. I was hoping that Joshua would be back and I could escape this whole conversation. She sat down next to me and gently rubbed my hand.

“You promised to call me but you never did. What happened, sweetie?”, she whispered in my ear. I got chills all over my body. I really needed to avoid getting intimate with her or this whole boyfriend thingy wouldn’t work.

“Oh, I wanted to but, you know me! Ahaha..i had so many things to do, with all the concerts coming up.” I stammered. “ I almost forgot that you’re an air hostess. Nice!”

“Hmmm, where are you going? You sure have a lot of bags for such a little person.”, she teased and kissed my cheek. I stood up promptly. I felt really uncomfortable being seen with a woman in public. She got very shocked. She stood up.

“What’s going on? You seem like you’re trying to avoid me. What’s the matter?”

“Cathy, you’re sweet. I find you very very attractive. But I think…well…I just..i don’t think…”

“Are you breaking up with me?”

“Breaking up with you? We were never together. It was one time and that was it.”

“So, you’re leaving me?”, she asked. I was so scared to nod my head but I did.

“Well, who are you seeing now?”. She walked nearer to me. “Is she hotter than me?”. I didn’t know what to say. But I needed to solve this carefully or she would make a scene. Now that would make things worse.

“Well, it’s a ‘He’ actually?”. I didn’t dare to look at her.

“What?”. She sighed. Then she made a smile. An evil one. “Fine. I hope you drop dead.”. She walked away but backed off a little after a few steps. She turned to me. She took out his cell phone and pushed some buttons. I had no idea what she was doing until she showed what was on the screen. I was stunned. She walked away.

“Oh my god!”. I sat down. “Oh my god!”. Someone tapped my shoulder. I screamed in shocked. “What’s wrong?”. I stood up.

“Get our bags. We gotta go now.”

“I thought we were leaving in 45 minutes”

“We’re going home!”, I said. His facial expression changed drastically.

“Whaaaaaaaat? Why?”, he asked.

“I’ll explain in the cab. Go get a cab”

“Oh, whyyyyyyyy!!!”.


TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment