Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hate You More (Chapter 7)

“I’m sorry”. I didn’t even pay any attention to him. I kept on munching on my breakfast. The French toast tasted better without having to listen to him. He sat down in front of me. “Hey, I’m sorry.”, again, he said it gently. I took a sip of an orange juice. I put down the glass and crossed my arms. I stared at him. He had that naïve look on his face. I had to admit he melted me a little. I continued munching. He sighed and stood up.

“So, you’re really gay, huh?”, I said to break the awkward silence. He turned his head and sat back down. He smiled at me. “What do you mean?”, he asked.

“You had sex with him, didn’t you?”

“Who? Adam? Hell no. I told you he needed a place to stay.”

“So, nothing happened?”. He nodded. I looked down but he couldn’t help but to notice the slight smile I had on my face.

“Are you actually relieved that I didn’t have sex with him? Were you jealous?”, he asked while making those stupid air-quotes.

“Me? Jealous? Wo, you are way off!”, I said. I later drank the juice till the last drop. He was just watching me having that big gulp.

“Why weren’t you?”, he kept asking.

“What?”

“I want you to be jealous.”. He stood up and walked the stairs to his room leaving me speechless and confused. I later remembered something. I chased him up the stairs and knocked on his door. He opened the door.

“We’re going to Hawaii!”. He was surprised. Pleasantly surprised. But then his forehead wrinkled. “ I thought you had some concert thingy this weekend.”, he asked. “I do. We’re going to Hawaii 2 days after that”.

“Oh my god, really? Wow, this is huge. I’ve never been to Hawaii.”, he jumped in joy. Seriously, it was a lot of gayness going on in my house. “So, I guess, I’ll see you then.”. I walked down the stairs. “Are you going somewhere?”, he asked. “ I’m having a sound check with David.”. His eyes were open wide.

“Archuletta??”
“Yup!”
“Ooh,ooh, I slept with him?”
“What???”
“Kidding!”



TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment